Curious what we’re up to over here? Look no further!
- Updated location and project headers in production books so that, when specifically selected, they’ll display even when there are no associated events that week.
- Fixed a bug in production books where work calls are not always appearing.
- Added the ability to scroll within a calendar event for those with very long notes and small screens (Thank you, Adrian!).
- Fixed a bug where lots of blank dates would sometimes appear on a calendar with long-running events (Thank you, Emily!).
- Fixed a bug where the longer of two otherwise identical Tasks was not displaying above shorter ones (Thank you, Kaitlyn!).
- Fixed a bug where the location filter was not displaying when looking at a layout that was “grouped by location”.
This month we’re:
- Fixing a bug in production books where projects are not sorting alphabetically when when grouped by project.
- Working on Day Calendars for Grouped By Project and Grouped By Date.
This year, we’re undertaking a complete rewrite of the front-end of the application to take advantage of all the fancy new web-app technology that has come along in the seven(!) years since we began Propared. This means better performance, easier editing, more reliability, and more quickly getting the features we’ve all been eager to see (like Resource & Inventory Management!).We will also be able to more easily implement core web elements like multi-language support, accessibility features, and a mobile interface.
Overall, Propared will still look and act similar to what you currently see – only SOOOO much better, for example:
- No more edit mode! Instead, you’ll simply click into a field to edit.
- Columns will be resizable and rearrangeable.
- Group information in a table by any field (Location, Contact, Department, etc).
- Every screen will see the same style of filter drop-downs that you currently see in the production book schedule pages.
- Improvements to all the complex actions like cloning, shifting, and emailing (clone an event to multiple days all in one action!).
- Data will update in real time as other users make changes.
- Ability to handle larger numbers of projects and events.
- And much more!
Also, in order to speed up your workflow and improve on some of our initial ideas (like spaces, availability, bookings, & work calls), we will be making a few updates to how you work with some of these things in Propared. As we get closer, we’ll send out material that will outline anything that is changing screen-by-screen so you’ll be ready to go when we make the update.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Below you’ll find ideas currently floating around in our heads in no particular order. Many are suggestions from current users. We can’t guarantee that anything listed below will be added to Propared exactly as described (or if it will even go in at all). But, we wanted to give you a sense of the types of improvements and new features rolling around in our heads.
Interested in getting these features into Propared faster? Check out our new Feature Expediting Program.
- Add Locations and Contacts to Production Books.
- Choose the start day of the week for calendars.
- Add company logos to the top of all Production Book webpages.
- “Group by” Category, Department, and Team (similar to grouping by Project and Location).
- Add folders to organize your Production Books.
- Bookmark a Schedule while it is filtered.
- Enable emailing to any address (not just those who are in your Project Team).
- Add the ability to dynamically update who is in a Task using Groups.
- Display who last updated a Task and when.
- Add the ability to batch edit Contacts when editing Bookings.
- See a list of Production Books related to each Project.
- Assign Locations to Projects.
- Assign Start & End Times to Projects.
- Turn an existing Place into a Space (and vice versa).
- Notify a user when things change.
- Notify a user when they have upcoming Tasks due.
- See a list of all recent changes by all users.
Whole New Propared Modules (let us know if you want to expedite!)