Curious what we’re up to over here?
August 29, 2021
This past year we designed and built a brand new version of Propared. By incorporating feedback from nearly a decade of usage by hundreds of managers, we’ve created a Propared for the years to come.
If you’re already familiar with Propared, you can check out this 18-minute video that walks through all of the exciting new updates and changes.
General Improvements & Updates:
- Rebuilt the entire Propared application in React.
- Moved the main navigation to the left side of the screen and made it expandable/collapsable.
- Removed “Edit mode” from all screens. Fields in the details panel may now be edited by simply clicking into them.
- Moved bulk editing from the details panel into a modal.
- Moved action buttons into the title row.
- Added a filter toolbar to all screens.
- Added the ability to filter by recent changes in all screens.
- Added the ability to Group-By various headers in tables.
- Added missing timezone options.
- Removed the ability to view data from multiple portfolios simultaneously.
- Added the ability to switch between portfolios.
- Removed “My Schedule”.
- Moved “My Access” to the User Profile Modal
- Added a button to create new projects directly from the Home Screen.
- Removed the portfolio selector.
- Added the ability to group contacts by Default Roles and Default Groups.
- Divided contacts into three separate tabs (People, Organizations, and Locations).
- Renamed “Places” to “Locations”.
- Moved Spaces into the details panel of Locations.
- Locations are now a container for spaces. Only spaces may be used with other objects throughout Propared. We’ve created a space within each location that has the name of the location itself.
- Address are now a single field instead of multiple fields.
- Removed Availability, Contact Calendar Feeds, and Relationships.
- Moved the ability to edit the portfolio name to the Subscription section of the Settings screen.
- Added ability to group projects by State, Month, Year, Category, and Project Manager.
- Added a separate “Archived Projects” section.
- Lightened project colors so that text is now more readable.
- When cloning a project, you can now specify Short Name, Color, and Project Managers.
- Added the ability to group attachments by project, category, and department.
- Added the ability to enable/disable attachments in production books.
- Fixed a bug where project managers could not edit attachments.
- Divided team members into three separate sections (People, Organizations, and Locations).
- Added the ability to group team members by role and group.
- Added the ability to create a team member that does not have a contact OR a role assigned to it.
- Added unique team member IDs.
- Propared no longer automatically adds all editing users to a project team. Editing users may now be removed from the team.
- Default to displaying all project timelines.
- “Tasks” are now called “Events”.
- Added the ability to choose which timezone to view the timeline in.
- Added a date filter.
- Added the ability to group events by Project, Date, Status, Team, Location, Department, and Category.
- Added the ability to see hour totals when grouping.
- When creating a new event, you may now choose which project you’d like it to be part of.
- Project tags are now displayed in their project colors.
- Added an “All Day” toggle.
- Added the ability to quick-select durations of events.
- Team and Location fields now display all possible options instead of requiring that you enter text first to see options.
- Added the ability to clone events, clone events into other projects, and shift to new dates all in one window.
- Added the ability to shift time-frame by multiple units of time simultaneously.
- Added the ability to shift time-frame to a new starting date.
- Added the ability to bulk edit team members and locations across multiple projects.
- Merged Work Calls into Events so that you may now add bookings to any event via the new Crew Management section in the details panel.
- Removed calendar feed functionality. Converted existing feed tasks into events.
- Added a new crew management tab that allow you to see and manage all bookings together.
- Added the ability to group bookings by project, date, status, team, and role.
- Added the ability to see hour totals when grouping bookings.
- Added the ability to bulk edit a team member in bookings.
Production Books Screen:
- Updated the main table to display the projects that each production book have been associated with.
- Added the ability to group production books by project.
- Added the text “copy” to newly cloned production books.
- Added the ability to clone multiple production books simultaneously.
- Team and Location fields now display all possible options instead of requiring you to type text first.
- Updated each section to display the total number of objects that will display in the production book.
- Added a Team tab for displaying contact lists.
- Added a Location tab for displaying locations and addresses.
- Added the ability to add a custom subject when emailing production books.
- Added the ability to email production books to all contacts.
- Updated the design of emails so that the text of the schedule is no longer embedded in the email.
- Removed the ability to create new contact list, call sheet, and schedule paperwork (this functionality is now possible in production books).
- Renamed “Paperwork Screen” to “Report Screen”.
- Added a notes field next to each team member in the “In Attendance” section of reports.
- Labeled contact list, call sheet, and schedule paperwork as “old paperwork”.
- Added the ability to view Reports and old paperwork as public webpages each with a unique URL (similar to production books).
- Added the ability to add a custom subject when emailing reports.
- Added the ability to reports books to all contacts.
- Updated the design of emails so that the text of the report is no longer embedded in the email. Instead, the report URL is displayed.
- Added a “Settings” screen and incorporated Access, Preferences, and Subscription Info.
Settings: Access Tab:
- Added the ability to see the number of Administrators and Project Managers used out of the total number available per the subscription.
Settings: Preferences Tab:
- Added a new Portfolio Preferences section for managing overall portfolio preferences.
- Added the ability to choose a default timezone for all projects created in the portfolio (can be overridden in each project).
- Moved the ability to edit profile information to the user profile modal.
Trial Sign-Up Screen:
- A credit card is no longer required to start a trial.
- All Screens: Remember project and timezone selections when navigating between screens.
- If a location and space have the same name, then do not display the duplicate space name.
- Remove duplicate crew booking events from calendar feeds.
- Timeline: Fix a bug where conflicts are not displaying if the project is not visible.
- Production Books: Fix a bug where location addresses are not appearing under certain circumstances.
- Add an “X” to the end of all tags to make them easily removable.
- Projects: Update the default for order of projects to sort by date.
- All Screens: After bulk editing, selected rows should remain selected.
- Timeline: After bulk-cloning, select the newly created events.
- Timeline: Add support for filtering by conflicts.
- Timeline: Add support for viewing details in the timeline.
- Timeline: Add support for showing/hiding columns.
- Contacts: Add support for displaying pronouns.
- If a Space is added to an Event, then it should automatically be added to the Project Team.
- If a Contact is added to an Event, then add Default Groups in the Team Screen.
- If a Contact is added to the Team Screen, then add Default Roles and Groups.
- Add ability to manage tag lists.
Below you’ll find ideas currently floating around in our heads in no particular order. Many are suggestions from current users. We can’t guarantee that anything listed below will be added to Propared exactly as described (or if it will even go in at all). But, we wanted to give you a sense of the types of improvements and new features rolling around in our heads.
Interested in getting these features into Propared faster? Check out our new Feature Expediting Program.
- Choose the start day of the week for calendars.
- Add company logos to the top of all Production Book webpages.
- “Group by” Category, Department, and Team (similar to grouping by Project and Location).
- Bookmark a Schedule while it is filtered.
- Add the ability to dynamically update who is in a Task using Groups.
- Assign Locations to Projects.
- Assign Start & End Times to Projects.
- Link Contacts with Organizations.
- Notify a user when things change.
- Notify a user when they have upcoming Tasks due.
- See a list of all recent changes by all users.
Whole New Propared Modules (let us know if you want to expedite!)
- Expand Labor Management Features
- Show Budgeting
- Event and Venue Request Forms